Recipe: Spicy Beef Tomato Noodle Soup featuring A-Sha Dry Noodles
if there’s one thing i would never eat, that would be instant noodles. not only they are packed with calories and preservatives and super not healthy, they also dont taste that good either.
when a distributor contacted me to try Taiwan’s famous “A-Sha Dry Noodle”, completely air-dried noodles with no preservatives or msg, i was very excited about the concept.
they sent me a box of A-Sha Dry Noodle to try. they are easy to prepare which only requires boiling water.
instead of just boiling them with hot water and dump in the sauce, i wanted to make spicy beef tomato noodle soup with A-Sha Dry Noodle.
so here is a brief recipe:
ingredients: beef, tomato, garlic, ginger, scallions, veggies, oil, soy sauce, salt, sugar, spicy bean paste.
1. cut everything into pieces.
2. boil a pot of water. put in beef and ginger after the water starts boiling. cook til all the ‘foams’ come out of the beef as pictured above. this gets rid of the blood.
3. set the beef aside.
4. pour in oil and throw in ginger, scallions, garlic, and spicy bean paste after the oil gets hot.
5. put in the cooked beef after you can smell the fragrance of scallion, ginger and garlic. add soy sauce, salt, and sugar, to taste.
6. add in HOT WATER and tomatoes and let it cook for an hour or so til the beef gets very tender.
7. throw in A-Sha Dry Noodles and veggies and cook only for a few mins.
i was very satisfied with the texture of the noodles. the other night i was hungry and wanted something quick. i popped a package of A-Sha Dry Noodles in a pot of boiling water. dumped the pre-packaged sauce on top of it and fried an egg. it was a very satisfying and quick meal.
*the noodles were sent to my for free.