pork belly moved to boston recently and we moved to a town thats super far out of the city. we dont have easy access to good restaurants in the city anymore so i have been cooking a lot.
*this is my first time writing up a real recipe and probably wouldnt be helpful if you dont have any cooking experience. i have no measuring tools so i cant tell exactly how much stuff i used. more or less, all depending on ur preferences.
dried chili peppers
peppercorns (about 10 pieces)- if you like the sichuan numb taste you can put a lil bit more. dont put too much if you dont like it because its very strong.
salt and pepper
oil based chinese hot sauce of your choice - this is very important cuz majority of ur flavor comes from this. you can find them from the ‘hot pot’ section in chinese grocery stores.
3. heat up the pan and MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT ONE DROP OF WATER IN THE PAN otherwise hot oil will pop and spatter VIOLENTLY after coming into contact with water. pour cooking oil and wait it to heat up.
5. set the 80% cooked green peppers and potatoes a side for later use.
6. heat up the pan again and pour cooking oil. add dried red chili peppers, peppercorns, and your favorite chinese hot sauce.
7. dump in the beef that you marinated earlier and stir fry
8. after the beef is 90% cooked. dump in the green peppers and potatoes that you cooked earlier. add salt.
9. serve and EAT!!
pork belly approves.
please let me know if you have any questions and suggestions since this is my 1st time doing a recipe. thanks!